The 5th International Conference on Educational Data Mining (EDM 2012)
Full Proceedings are now available!
June 19, 2012 - June 21, 2012
Panorama Hotel, Chania, Greece
Colocated and immediately following the
11th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring (ITS 2012).
EDM 2012 invites papers that study how to apply data mining to analyze data generated by various information systems supporting learning or education (in schools, colleges, universities, and other academic or professional learning institutions providing traditional and modern forms and means of teaching, as well as informal learning). EDM may require adaptation of existing or development of new approaches that build upon techniques from a combination of areas, including but not limited to statistics, psychometrics, machine learning, information retrieval, recommender systems and scientific computing.
Topics of Interest
We welcome papers describing original work. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Generic frameworks, methods and approached for EDM
- Learner or student modeling
- Mining assessment data
- Mining browsing or interaction data
- Mining the results of educational research (e.g. A/B tests)
- Educational process mining
- Data-driven adaptation and personalization
- Improving educational software
- Evaluating teaching interventions
- Emotion, affect, and choice
- Integrating data mining and pedagogical theory
- Improving teacher support
- Replication studies
- Best practices for adaptation of data mining, information retrieval, recommender system, opinion mining, and question answering techniques to educational context
Contact John Stamper—john AT stamper DOT org